Tuesday 17 August 2010

What's with all the what if's?

I'm back finally. I would have been back days ago but I've been too busy racking my brain wondering what on earth to write about since my wonderful little world makes for pretty dull reading.

So I was listening to a song called 'What if I'm right?` by Sandi Thom (check it out on youtube) and it's basically about having the perfect partner and yet still wondering whether your doubts will be right and everything will go wrong. And it got me thinking, why do we always do that?

Just because something is perfect and we are happy, we immediately think of when the next downfall will be.

Like if you get a new job, there is always that thought that it'll be horrible and not work out...

Or deciding to have a picnic...but what if it rains?

Most people I know don't take themselves too seriously...
And yet they all still have these 'What if ?' questions for everything. They have the ability to laugh at themselves but don't have the ability to jump in to any situation feet first.

Maybe we should all just....

Dance in the rain without fear of a cold...


Ask him to marry you without fear of him saying no...


Have that dream holiday without counting every penny...

And just live on impulse for a while. Forget about the stress of life and let everything just be, even for just one day and see what a difference it makes to you.
While I was in Scotland, the sky was the clearest I've ever seen it and we just stood outside for a while in the cold just watching the stars. It was wonderful to just stand there and watch the beauty of it without thinking about anything at all. You should try it sometime :)
.
Quote of the day: 'We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking up at the stars' ~ Oscar Wilde
.x.

No comments:

Post a Comment