Tuesday 13 July 2010

Feeling the need to run away

I've been meaning to post something here over the weekend but didn't have any idea what to say. Along with that, I was in so much pain I probably couldn't have even concentrated enough to make any sense what-so-ever. But since I'm more coherent today, here I am, waffling away.

Do you ever feel like just running away from everything? From the stresses of work, family life? For me it's from the nightmare of living everyday in pain. It's impossible to do but wouldn't it be nice to just run away into the surf of some beautiful beach on a remote island...


Or into the middle of a deserted forest where you could just sit and listen to the peaceful quiet all around?



I know there are many people who we all know who are always worse off than ourselves but we are allowed one moment of wallowing at our own misfortune...


It's easy to forget that even though we have troubles in our lives, there is always so much more for us to appreciate than there is to worry about, whether that be a career we love or a partner that means the world.



So no matter what troubles you have or how desperately you want to run away from it all, remember to never let go of everything you hold close.

Mark has been so good to me in the past year and a half, putting up with my mood dips, constant pain and being completely happy to just spend a weekend doing nothing just so that I can rest. I often wish that I could follow my dreams, run away from here and travel the world. But the moment I think that, I know that where ever I went, I want to do it all with Mark because he truely is my rock =]
.
Quote of the Day: One day you will look back and realise that everything you wanted has come true. It may not be your fairytale and the road to get there may have been difficult, but with a little hope you'll get there. And when you get there, never let go .x.

1 comment:

  1. Such an inspiring post Laura :) The need to run away is a semi-permanent struggle for me!
    Hope the pain is easing
    xx

    ReplyDelete