Thursday 8 July 2010

New obsession

Even though it's been a bad week health wise, I have managed to read a new book in under a week - A record for me!

I have hundreds of books ranging from romance, to true crime, to Secret Societies and a few other things thrown in between. But a while ago, someone recommended Sherrilyn Kenyon to me so I bought the first book, Fantasy Lover and just left it on a shelf. Finally, I got around to reading it and I am completely hooked! I couldn't put it down and the only reason I took a break from reading it all in one go was because I was exhausted and couldn't keep my eyes open.

For anyone who is interested, Fantasy Lover is about a Spartan general who was cursed to spend eternity locked inside a book until called upon to be a love-slave. After two thousand years, a woman calls him and see something more than just a slave. But whether love can break the powerful curse placed on him by a God, is another matter entirely! Definitely worth a read, I guarantee you will lose yourself in it :)

I have just ordered the next two books in the series and no doubt I'll be ordering some more soon...looks like I'll be needing another bookcase.

Quote of the day: The worth of a book is to be measured by what you take from it ~ James Bryce

No comments:

Post a Comment