Sunday 4 July 2010

Not the best few days

Work on Friday got so much worse. The headteacher, yet again, spoke to me like I was a piece of shit - while there were children around I might add - insisted that I needed to go and stand at the gate to let people in instead of watching over 20 children in the playground who would be unsupervised if I had left them. I told him to take it up with out team leader. And his reply was 'Go and stand at the gate now....please!' He pretty much yelled it at me and the please was most definitely an after thought. So I will be making a formal complaint against him tomorrow!

I managed to help my dad paint a fence on Saturday. I need the extra cash to pay for my driving test. I got covered in red paint because it was windy and the paint kept getting splashed onto me from the brush. Thankfully it came off easily.

But spending all day stood up doesn't go well with M.E because today I woke up and my legs refused to behave. We did go to Scarborough though. I slept most of the way there and when we did get there, I had to use my wheelchair. I wasn't happy. It's the first time I've used it in nearly two years. And not just that, Mark has never seen me in the wheelchair so I had a mini breakdown. I knew it wouldn't be an issue for Mark but I was still terrified that he would see me differently.
Obviously my worrying was needless and we managed to have a good day once Mark calmed me down.

I'm exhausted now. I have a longgggg list for the doctor tomorrow and I'm not looking forward to work either but hopefully it'll be fine.

Quote of the day: Today is the tomorrow we worried about yesterday

1 comment:

  1. I can totally relate to this post. I hate using my wheelchair and therefore only use it when I'm desperate which is probably a bad thing but I hate how it makes me feel and I worry that people see me differently. Hope this week goes better for you at work x

    ReplyDelete